MEDEX Northwest at the University of Washington is a competitive master’s degree program to become a physician assistant. It has locations in Seattle, Tacoma, Spokane, and Anchorage.
To apply, you must have a bachelor’s degree already. You also need thousands of hours of “paid, direct, hands-on clinical patient care,” experience as a community volunteer, excellent professional references, and 8 specific prerequisite courses.
You can complete all 8 courses (40 credits) at Renton Technical College:
- BIOL&160 General Biology I
- BIOL&241 Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIOL&242 Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- BIOL&260 Microbiology
- CHEM&121 Introduction to Chemistry / Biochemistry
- MATH&146 Introduction to Statistics
- ENGL&101 English Composition
- ENGL&102 Writing from Research-or- ENGL&235 Technical Writing-or- ENGL&254 World Literature
You need at least a B- or 3.0 GPA in each course to satisfy MEDEX requirements.