Basic Computer Applications
This program prepares students to work in entry level office positions. The program covers the Windows operating system and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Publisher).
Enrollment Point: Open
All program lengths are estimates and are not guarantees. For the most current program information, check with an adviser by calling (425) 235-5840.
At Renton Technical College, tuition is affordable and competitive.
Federal aid is available for most students to help pay for school. Fill out your FAFSA now to get started.
The RTC Foundation offers scholarships to help pay the costs of attending school.
All costs are estimates and are not guarantees. For the most current program information, check with an adviser by calling (425) 235-5840.
Monday - Friday
Hours may vary based on specific program requirements. For the most current program information, check with an adviser by calling (425) 235-5840.
- Minimum age: 18 years.
- Must take the Accuplacer or ASSET test before entering program or being placed on pre-registration list.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Counselor and instructor interview.
- Keyboarding skills. Keyboarding courses will be waived upon demonstrated ability to type 35 wpm.
|Course #||Course Title||Crs|
|APP 101||Introduction to Windows I||1|
|APP 102||Introduction to Windows II||1|
|APP 105||Introduction to Keyboarding||1|
|APP 106||Keyboarding Skillbuilding I||1|
|APP 110||Outlook I||1|
|APP 115||Word I||1|
|APP 116||Word II||1|
|APP 120||Excel I||1|
|APP 121||Excel II||1|
|APP 125||Access I||1|
|APP 140||Using the Internet I||1|
|APP 145||PowerPoint I||1|
|APP 150||Publisher I||1|
Learning Outcomes of Computer Applications programs:
- Use technology to manage communications in a business setting;
- Process financial data utilizing tools such as spreadsheets and databases;
- Coordinate business interactions electronically;
- Create, report and maintain workplace information sources.
External accreditation is not applicable to this program.