The library has over 1300 videos and DVDs covering the RTC curriculum. Want to know if we have anything for your RTC program? Call us at (425) 235-2331.
The library is located at: 3000 NE Fourth St, Renton, WA 98056
Current copyright laws permit non-profit educational institutions to photocopy copyrighted materials under certain limited conditions:
Poetry: A complete poem if less than 250 words (not to exceed two pages) or an excerpt of not more than 250 words from a longer poem.
Prose: A complete article, story or essay of less than 2,500 words or 10% of the work, whichever is less.
Illustration: One chart, graph, diagram, drawing, cartoon or picture per book or per periodical issue.
The decision to use the work and the moment of its use for maximum teaching effectiveness must be so close in time that it would be unreasonable to expect a timely reply to a request to photocopy.
1. The copying of the material is for only one course in the school in which the copies are made.
2. Not more than one short poem, article, story, essay or two excerpts may be copied from the same author, or more than three from the same collective work or periodical volume during one class term.
3. There shall not be more than nine (9) instances of such multiple copying for one course during one class term.
4. The same teacher cannot copy the same item without permission from term to term.
5. Unauthorized copying may not substitute for the purchase of books, publisher's reprints or periodicals.
6. The original copyright notice must appear on all copies of the work.
Permission to copy any material not fitting the above description must be obtained from the publisher's Copyright and Permissions Department prior to photocopying the work.
The earlier you request permission, the better, in case it cannot be granted and you need to substitute other materials. Attach a copy of the permission from the publisher to the requires for photocopying. The print shop staff assistant will not copy any materials which do not meet the above guidelines unless permission is attached.
|RTC Library Home Page Page 1 2 3|