Contact & Info:
425.235.2352 x. 5704
We are located in Bldg. J-218
Lockers are available at no charge for securing your personal belongings. Please don't leave items in your car.
Please arrange for child care; children are not permitted in the Testing Center.
End of program certification exams are scheduled with instructors.
You must bring an unexpired government issued photo ID with you to each test session
- Admissions Testing
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- GED Testing
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- Pearson VUE
- Proctor for non-NTC students
The College Board's Accuplacer test is a computer-based placement test that assesses reading, writing and math skills. The Accuplacer test includes reading comprehension, sentence skills, arithmetic, elementary algebra, college-level mathematics and the writing test. Cost for this exam is $25 for three exams or $10 each.
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- Microsoft Office Specialist exams are based on globally recognized standards that demonstrate computing skills and help to advance career prospects in a competitive job market. The MOS certifications are primarily for office workers who use Microsoft Office programs as a vital part of their job functions.
- Exams are available for Microsoft Office 2013 & 2016
- Contact us for test dates and to schedule an appointment
- For more information go to: http://www.certiport.com
- ASE is an independent, non-profit organization, and since 1972 have worked to improve the quality of vehicle repair and service by testing and certifying repair and service professionals. Auto technicians and other professionals who want to become ASE certified can take one or more of ASE’s 40+ exams. The exams are grouped into specialties such as automobile, medium/heavy truck, truck equipment, school bus, collision repair, and more.
- For more information go to: https://www.ase.com/home.aspx
- You must register with ASE and provide payment of tests to obtain your ASE identification number. Once you have registered with ASE, please schedule an exam with us.
Who is this exam for? Students enrolling in a Professional-Technical Program or General Education English class at RTC.
What’s it for? To assess your confidence level and readiness in English for placement into Professional-Technical Programs or General Education English Classes.
Frequency of taking exam: The assessment may only be taken once. No test appointment is necessary; just walk in during a testing session.
Cost of the exam: This assessment is free of charge.
GED® General Educational Development
Who is this exam for? The new assessment will continue to provide the opportunity to earn a high school equivalency, but it will also measure career and college-readiness skills. The new test will also have four content areas—language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies—that measure a foundational core of knowledge and skills that are essential for career and college readiness.
Cost of the exam: $120 for 4 exams, credit card required for online registration and payment.
How do I register? Go to www.GED.com or phone the Call Center at 1.877.EXAM.GED Registration must occur 24 hours prior to taking an exam.
To request a copy of your GED diploma, click here.
- Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in 175 countries.
- All registration is done through Pearson VUE’s website and your test provider
- Payment must be made online at the time of scheduling
- For more information go to: http://www.pearsonvue.com/
Who is this exam for? Students enrolled in distance or online classes with institutions other than Renton Technical College. These may be paper or online exams.
Cost of the exam: A $40 proctor fee and an RTC student ID# or number from any local college is necessary to process this payment.
How do I sign up? Email your instructor’s proctor form to TestingCenter@RTC.edu
Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
Who is this exam for? TEAS is used to determine the ability of potential students to adjust to nursing programs. This exam is an RTC requirement beginning fall quarter 2014 and is administered through the Registered Nurse, Associate’s program.
Cost of the exam: A $40 proctor fee, RTC student ID#, and a $55 test fee. Credit card required for online payment.
How do I register? Create an account at www.atitesting.com and then contact us at TestingCenter@RTC.edu to schedule your exam.
The College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Who is this exam for? CLEP offers students the opportunity to demonstrate their proficiency in subject areas and bypass undergraduate coursework by meeting the college's minimum qualifying score for that exam, which is 50 at RTC; a maximum of 5 credits is granted per exam. Credits will not be granted if the equivalent college course has been taken and a maximum of 15 credits can be accepted for transfer associate degrees. Credits for professional and technical programs are granted based on the approval of the program chair and the applicability to the certificate or degree requirements. For credits, the student must ask the testing agency to send scores to Renton Technical College. An example of how these credits appear on the transcript is “CLEP Exam American Government 5.0 Credits." Each exam is 90 minutes in length.
Cost of the exam? Each exam is $80 and credit card required for online payment. A $40 proctor fee is required; pay in Bldg. I, Cashiering.