Statement of Purpose
The Technology Council will develop, review, and evaluate a college technology strategic plan and technology policies in accordance with the mission, vision, values, core theme objectives, and strategic priorities of the College.
Scope of Work / Charter
The scope of work for which the Council operates under is as follows:
- Assist in the development of a college technology strategic plan:
- Synthesize technology needs of the College into a comprehensive technology plan that promotes the effective and efficient use of computer technology in instruction and in services.
- Assist the Learning Council to develop an instructional technology plan.
- Collaborate with appropriate councils and departments to develop the overall college technology plan including student services, operations, and telecommunications as components of the plan.
- Ensure consideration of the human and work design impact of computer technology systems in technology strategic planning.
- Monitor and assess the effectiveness of the technology strategic plan (including all of its components) and implementation outcomes. Assessment should include learning outcomes, service outcomes, operational outcomes, and human impact.
- Update the technology strategic plan according to the guidelines of the college-wide planning system.
- Develop, review and approve college-wide computer technology policies. Assess the effectiveness of policy implementation through analysis of outcomes.
Technology Council Chair:
Executive Director of College Technology Services