Prepare to enter the mechanical design profession, and help design planes, cars, heavy machinery, and other products. Classes are offered in the evening, so students can work during the day. Students train on industry-standard modeling tools used by most manufacturing companies. They will learn to create drawings, part and assembly models, mechanical design engineering theory and concepts, and how to use material information and mathematics to analyze mechanical designs. See also: Engineering Design Technology program.
Enrollment Point: Fall
All program lengths are estimates and are not guarantees. For the most current program information, check with an adviser by calling (425) 235-5840.
These amounts are based on median entry level wages, they are estimates and are not guarantees. For more information, visit careerinfo.net
At Renton Technical College, tuition is affordable and competitive.
Federal aid is available for most students to help pay for school. Fill out your FAFSA now to get started.
The RTC Foundation offers scholarships to help pay the costs of attending school.
All costs are estimates and are not guarantees. For the most current program information, check with an adviser by calling (425) 235-5840.
- Entry Adviser interview
- High school diploma or GED
- Instructor interview
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|COL 101||College Success||2|
|DFT 106||Mechanical Drafting and Design||5|
|DFT 154||Software Applications for Drafting||2|
|DFT 201||Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing or||2|
|MTEC 140||Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing I|
|DFT 206||Mechanical Design||5|
|DFT 213||Parametric Modeling||5|
|DFT 215||Emerging Design Technologies||2|
|AMATH 175J||Technical Mathematics for Advanced Manufacturing||5|
|COMP 100||Applied Composition||5|
- Produce Data Packages (DP's) that achieve full product definition for mechanical products.
- Apply emerging design technologies to mechanical design.
- Apply mechanical design principles, mathematics, materials, and manufacturing process knowledge to design and test a mechanical assembly along a single digital thread.
- Organize and produce geometric & non-geometric engineering data using spreadsheet software, windows file organization, and cloud storage organization.
External accreditation is not applicable to this program.