Close equity gaps for underrepresented,low-income, and first generation college students
- Engage faculty and staff in discussions about equity and student success.
- Develop and infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion in curriculum and instructional practices.
- Implement best practice strategies for increasing retention and completion of underrepresented students.
- Regularly present and discuss disaggregated data within the current college governance structure.
Attract, hire, and retain diverse faculty and staff
- Strengthen recruitment strategies to ensure a broader range of applicants.
- Make ongoing improvements to the hiring process.
- Expand employee orientation, onboarding, and mentoring.
Increase cultural competency
- Develop and implement an institutional equity plan.
- Create a shared vocabulary around diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Provide ongoing education for faculty, staff, and students.
- Expand opportunities for ongoing dialogue.
Improve policies, procedures, and infrastructure to ensure equity among all campus constituencies
- Revise policies to close opportunity gaps and remove barriers for students.
- Evaluate and revise intake and enrollment procedures to ensure equity and access for all students.
- Evaluate technologies and facilities to ensure accommodation of all campus constituents, within the college’s capacity.