Prepare skilled workers and leaders for the businesses and industries that power our regional and global economy
- Invest in new program offerings based on labor market demand and student needs.
- Ensure current programming remains relevant and up-to-date with industry trends.
- Provide corporate and continuing education courses and programs that increase our responsiveness to the needs of business and industry.
- Formalize and communicate program advisory committee expectations.
- Explore partnerships for capital and program development.
Provide comprehensive student support services
- Host ongoing public service and civic engagement activities.
- Engage the community through effective communication of college offerings, events, results, and successes.
- Develop and implement continuing education programming.
- Improve relationships and engagement with alumni.
Customize outreach and communication strategies for engaging the diverse constituencies we serve
- Promote RTC as a college and employer of choice.
- Strengthen partnerships with area school districts, faith-based organizations, community-based organizations, labor organizations, and city and county agencies.
- Use data to improve outreach efforts in our communities.
Improve coordination of legislative advocacy at the federal, state, and local level
- Develop and implement an annual legislative relations plan.
- Leverage community partnerships and student stories that support RTC’s impact on learning and student success.
- Communicate the impact of RTC and Washington’s community and technical colleges on the state’s economy to stakeholders and policymakers.