Tuition will be refunded as follows:
- From before the start of the quarter through calendar day 5 of the quarter: 100%
- From calendar day 6 through calendar day 20 of the quarter: 50%*
- From calendar day 21 on: No refund
*Once an online class begins the Online Fee is non-refundable.
If the duration of a class is other than ten weeks, the refund is calculated based on the equivalent percentage of time.
The general refund policy applied to all students in state-support programs. It is the student’s responsibility to complete a change of schedule form and submit it to the Enrollment Services office.
Refunds are calculated based on the date the form is received.
- Refunds will not be granted for students withdrawn for disciplinary reasons.
- Students called for military active duty will be granted a refund of tuition and fees paid for the current payment period, subject to the rules and regulations of their respective funding sources. Presentation of written confirmation is required.
- The general refund policy applied to all Renton Technical College students, regardless of financial aid status.
- Refunds for special programs will be made directly to the funding agency administrator.
- Tuition and fees that are paid in cash will be refunded by check.
All tuition and fees will be refunded if the class is canceled by the college. Application fees, testing fees and payment plan fees are non-refundable.
Refunds for Financial Aid Students
See the College's Financial Aid Officer regarding the College's policy on the return of Federal Financial Aid Funds.
Requests for exceptions to this refund policy must be made in writing to the Registrar in the Registration Office.