How to Order Your Graduation Pictures: Congratulations RTC Graduates! If you attended the in-person 2022 Renton Technical College commencement ceremony at the Showare Center on June 22, you can view and order your individual graduation pictures by accessing the Renton Technical College View Photos link using the RTC-2022 password.
NOTE: Please make sure to use the RTC-2022 password included in the body of the link below to view and purchase your individual graduation pictures.
Graduates may also access their pics by contacting the company website.
Graduation Live Stream
We look forward to our first in-person graduation in three years in June! This 2021-22 Commencement Ceremony is Wednesday, June 22, 2022, at the Showare Center. Please complete each of the steps below by May 25th, 2022. Click on the link for directions to the ShowareCenter in Kent, WA here: ShowareCenter directions. *COVID-19 restrictions may apply if public health guidelines change.
Degree/Certificate: Apply for graduation by 5/25.
If students are completing their degree/certificate in Spring 2022 or Summer 2022 and haven't already applied, you should apply for graduation. When students complete the graduation application, the RTC Enrollment Services team will confirm that each student has completed all requirements of their degree/certificate, update their transcripts, and mail their printed diploma (separately from their diploma cover and cap/gown).
To apply for graduation, students can visit this link: RTC Graduation Application.
STEP 2: PICK UP YOUR CAP & GOWN
The RTC Associated Student Government has purchased caps and gowns for RTC graduates and students can request their size using the link below, and schedule a time for pick up at our campus or the day of graduation at the Showare Center. IMPORTANT: If you did not apply for graduation or request your cap and gown, we will have extra caps and gowns available on-site at the Showare Center the day of graduation (6/22) in the check-in area.
To request your cap and gown size, please complete the survey here: Cap & Gown Size Request
STEP 3: COMPLETE THE EXIT SURVEY
Your input is very important and valuable to us, and it will help us to improve services for our students. This survey includes short questions, and it takes about five minutes to complete. We value your responses, and they will remain anonymous and confidential. If there is anything we can do for you please leave your contact information in the survey.
Students can access and complete the exit survey here: Student Exit Survey
*If you are under 18 years of age, please DO NOT take this survey.
Where Do I Check-in After Arriving at The ShoWare Center?
Graduating students who will be marching in the ceremony should arrive at the ShoWare Center by 5:30 p.m. (no later than 6:00 p.m.). The ceremony will start promptly at 6:30 p.m. (Directions to the ShoWare center and parking lot.) There is free parking located in the ShoWare Center lot. Upon parking, all graduating students should come to the back entrance of the ShoWare Center where there will be check-in tents available for you to receive your name card and line up with your program/degree before the ceremony begins.
How Can I Watch The Graduation Livestream?
Friends and family of students who will be watching the ceremony can either sit in the audience or watch the live stream from home on Wednesday, June 22nd starting at 6:30 p.m. Pacific Time. A link to watch the ceremony live is available now.
ShoWare Center Bag Policy & Safety Precautions
Given students and faculty/staff concerns about being in such a large venue with hundreds of people, RTC has included a list of safety measures below that both RTC and the ShoWare Center staff have implemented. IMPORTANT: Once the graduation ceremony begins at 6:30 p.m., we will not allow graduates, or audience members in back areas behind the stage. We also kindly ask that you please do take young children into the graduate line-up and seating areas.
ENTERING THE CENTER
- Audience Security Check & Clear Bag Policy: All guests are subject to a bag search and security check without exception. Security checks can include wanding, metal detectors, and pat-downs. Clear bags no larger than 12" x 12" x 6" are allowed. One gallon clear plastic Ziploc bags are also allowed. Small clutches no larger than 4.5" x 6.5" are allowed. Security must be able to see inside and identify items at the bottom of the bag. Items may not be used to obscure the view of bag contents, including but not limited to non-clear bags, pouches, etc. Bags with interior contents obscured from view are not allowed. Backpacks, multi-compartment bags, duffle bags, and purses larger than 4.5"x 6.5" are not allowed. Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items or single compartment diaper bags (a child must be present). Clear bag details page is available here.
- Contactless Entry: Guests will now use walkthrough metal detectors to get through security. This makes entry to the venue quicker while maximizing safety and minimizing touch points for staff and audience members.
- Code of Conduct & Prohibited Items: Detailed information on allowable and non-allowable items to take inside the ShoWare can be found here.
INSIDE THE CENTER
- CASHLESS - The ShoWare Center has transitioned to a cashless transaction arena ensuring contactless options at the box office and for food and beverage. Credit card transactions only. Cash will no longer be accepted.
- CONTACTLESS RESTROOMS - Motion censored sinks, soap dispensers, and toilets have been installed in all restrooms for your safety and convenience.
- HAND SANITIZER STATIONS - Touch-free hand sanitizer stations are available for all fans throughout the arena.
- SMOKE-FREE FACILITY - The ShoWare Center will be discontinuing the use of the exterior smoking section and guests will no longer be permitted to leave the building and re-enter to smoke.
Note: All graduation applications will be processed at the end of each quarter. Please allow 4-6 weeks after the end of the quarter for processing.
- Questions about applying for graduation, completing the requirements for your degree, or receiving your printed diploma? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about your free cap & gown or your diploma cover? Email email@example.com
Replacement Certificate or Degree
If your certificate or degree has been damaged or lost, you may request a replacement document by completing the appropriate application form (links above). Please ensure you indicate the quarter and year that you originally earned the credential(s).
You can request an official or unofficial transcript online. Visit the RTC Transcripts Request page to get started.