Financial Aid Statement of Commitments
Our Financial Aid department’s primary objective is to bridge the gap between your available funds and our Cost of Attendance (COA) to support students with their needs and success at RTC. Our team works diligently to provide individualized service and is available to walk our students and their families through every step of the financial aid process. We maintain sustainable partnerships with the federal, state, and other agencies. We strive to strengthen our relationship with local organizations, businesses, and diverse community at large by providing equitable, accessible, and inclusive wrap-around services, support, and resources.
Three steps to apply for Financial Aid:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) / Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA): Students must complete FAFSA or WASFA for the appropriate academic year, adding RTC (Federal school code: 014001). Once our department receives students' processed FAFSA/WASFA, students will receive notifications about the next step via preferred email and may be required to submit additional documentation/information by the Financial Aid Priority Date.
- Admissions & Eligible Program Declaration: students must have current/active admission and declared a Financial Aid (Title IV) Approved Program pursuing at RTC to receive financial aid. Please contact RTC’s Academic & Career Advising for any questions you may have related to a program that you are interested in.
- ctcLink Student Portal To Do List: student must monitor statuses and maintain by submitting all necessary documents by the priority date. Students use their RTC student email or personal email on ctcLink account as preferred setting for communications.
What is a priority date?
When is the priority date?
- Summer quarter 2022: no priority date, first-come-first-serve
- Fall quarter 2022: July 25, 2022
- Winter quarter 2023: October 31, 2022
- Spring quarter 2023: February 6, 2023
Can I complete my file after the priority date?
Students are encouraged to complete their file at any time within the academic year. Files completed after the published Financial Aid Priority Date will still be reviewed and/or process; however, the financial aid eligibility and/or status determination may be delayed.
As we are closing the 2021-2022 academic year, students are encouraged to complete their files ASAP if attended RTC from July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022 (summer 2021 through spring 2022).
What is File Complete?
Students submit FAFSA/WASFA and all required documents to review financial aid eligibility and/or status determination before or after the quarter begins and has a Tuition Deferred on student portal. Completed files are reviewed by priority date on a first-come-first-serve basis.
What is a Tuition Deferred?
Tuition Deferred is a service indicator that is placed on student portal under “Task” to protect courses from being dropped for non-payment while student’s financial aid status is determined and/or eligible aid is applied to applicable tuition/fees.
Will my financial aid pay my tuition/fees?
Please note that having a completed file or Tuition Deferred service indicator doesn’t guarantee funding. Students are responsible for tuition/fees owed to the college if they are not eligible or have insufficient aid. We encourage students to contact the Financial Aid Office to seek understanding of their financial aid status and make an informed decision about their enrollment status at RTC.
How do I complete my file and check my status?
Students must access their ctcLink account portal under "Task" and "To Do" checklist to monitor statuses and maintain by submitting all necessary documents by the priority date. Students use their RTC student email or personal email on ctcLink account as preferred setting for communications.
Contact & Hours
Robert C. Roberts Campus Center, Building I-218
Financial Aid Office
Renton Technical College
3000 NE Fourth Street
Renton, WA 98056