If you are experiencing financial hardship due to coronavirus, you can apply for an Emergency Grant. Apply here.
The primary objective of financial aid is to assist students and their parents in meeting basic educational costs. All financial aid programs at Renton Technical College are administered in accordance with established state and federal regulations and policies. At the core of these policies is the belief that financing a student's education is the primary responsibility of the student and his/her family. If combined resources are not sufficient to cover expenses, a student may be eligible for financial aid. A student's financial aid award is based on a demonstrated financial need. That is calculated as follows:
Scholarship opportunities at Renton Technical College are offered quarterly by the RTC Foundation. These funds are generously donated by individuals, organizations, and companies committed to student success. To find out more information about scholarships, please see the Foundation Scholarship page.
Financial Aid Processing Priority Date:
Students must complete FAFSA/WASFA and submit all required documents to the Financial Aid Office. If students meet the priority date, their files will be reviewed/processed and their financial aid eligibility will be notified before the quarter starts.
- Spring quarter 2022: February 4, 2022
- Summer quarter 2022: First-come-first-serve
- Fall quarter 2022: July 25, 2022
- Winter quarter 2023: October 31, 2022
- Spring quarter 2023: February 6, 2023
- Files completed and show financial aid eligibility: Students will receive notification about their file status via RTC student email.
- Students who are not eligible for aid will be notified and are responsible to make payment arrangements with the Cashiering Office or look for alternative resources to pay for tuition/fees.
Financial Aid Check Disbursement:
Students must refer to their Financial Aid Offer Notification that is sent to their RTC student email to find out their scheduled disbursement dates, if applicable.
Contact & Hours
Robert C. Roberts Campus Center, Building I
Financial Aid Office
Renton Technical College
3000 NE Fourth Street
Renton, WA. 98056