The library is located on the second floor of the Technology Resource Center (Building C). The mailing address is:
Renton Technical College
3000 NE Fourth Street
Renton, WA 98056
During the Winter 2022 quarter, the Library will be open Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. through 7 p.m.
The Library is closed all school holidays. Check the calendar to see dates the library is closed. Between quarters, Library hours are Monday - Friday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
During Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters, Library hours are:
|Monday||8 a.m. – 7 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. – 7 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. – 7 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. – 7 p.m.|
The library offers the following services and resources:
- Reference assistance in the Library
- Reference assistance off-campus through email or chat, using Ask WA
- Library Workshops & Orientations
- Internet access and office software access
- Online databases
- LibGuides - research guides to useful websites, books, and program information.
- Interlibrary loan
- Microsoft Imagine Academy. Email us for more information at librarian@RTC.edu
- Group study rooms
- Photocopying, printing and scanning
- Reciprocal borrowing agreement with other Technical and Community colleges
- Lots of study space
- Help creating citations and bibliographies
- Equipment Loans including webcameras, external DVD drives, DVD players, cameras, phone chargers
Renton Technical College Library makes every reasonable effort to provide all students, including those with disabilities, with access to its collections and service. Click here for more information on services for students with disabilities.
The library's collection includes:
- Over 75,000 paper and electronic books, covering all areas of the curriculum
- Thousands of electronic and paper journals and magazines
- Over 2,000 videos, audiotapes, and CD-ROMs
- The Darrell Anderson Culinary Archives
- Most books - 2 weeks
- Videos and audiotapes - 1 week
- Magazines - 2 weeks
- Reserves - varies from in library use only to 1 week
- Reference materials - in library use only
A current RTC ID card is required for materials check-out. (These are available at the Learning Resource & Career Center, on the first floor of the library building.). Items may be renewed several times if no one has registered a request for them.
Any current RTC student, faculty, or staff member may get an RTC ID card. Students can get these from the Learning Resource & Career Center, on the first floor of the library building. Faculty and Staff should contact HR to get their ID card/badges. You will be financially responsible for all items checked out on your account. Please let the library staff know if you have lost your ID card or changed your address or phone number.
- Emily Elliott, Associate Dean of the Library
- Laura Staley, Faculty Librarian
- Jennie Vano, Adjunct Faculty Librarian
- Di Zhang, Faculty Librarian – Instruction
- Yueh-Lin Chen, Library Specialist
- Keyth Sokol, Library Specialist
- Jade Gidley, Library Coordinator
The Library is committed to a culture of inclusivity, equity and advocacy by providing quality resources, spaces, staff and instruction in the pursuit of intellectual discovery, life-long learning and student success.
To find out what's new at RTC Library, check out our Library blog.
Art in the Technology Resource Center
The Library and TRC building house several art works. Click here to see pictures and brief descriptions.