This program prepares you for entry-level careers in the office occupations and college pathways. In addition to keyboarding and hands-on training on computers using Microsoft Office applications, students study business math, business communication, career readiness, human relations, and develop general clerical skills. You may enroll in four courses (ASST 105, ASST 115, ASST 144, ASST 181) to earn a certificate or you have the option to pick from any of the courses to gain essential skills to succeed in college and in the workplace.
Enrollment Point: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer
All program lengths are estimates and are not guarantees. For the most current program information, check with an adviser by calling (425) 235-5840.
At Renton Technical College, tuition is affordable and competitive.
Federal aid is available for most students to help pay for school. Fill out your FAFSA now to get started.
The RTC Foundation offers scholarships to help pay the costs of attending school.
All costs are estimates and are not guarantees. For the most current program information, check with an adviser by calling (425) 235-5840.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Students entering without keyboarding skills may take longer to complete.
Info Sessions via Zoom
Sessions are offered on the first and third Monday of each month from 9 – 10 a.m.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|ASST 105||Business Math||3|
|ASST 115||Keyboarding and Document Processing||5|
|ASST 144||Introduction to Computer Applications||5|
|ASST 181||Career Prep and Human Relations||5|
Learning Outcomes for Office Assistant/Receptionist Program:
- Create clear and accurate business documents, spreadsheets, database and presentations that are professional in appearance
- Operate office equipment with proficiency while maintaining a safe office environment
- Manage schedules and correspondence in a professional office environment
- Communicate professionally to collaborate, solve problems, resolve conflicts, and provide assistance while respecting the diverse styles, values and cultures of internal and external customers
- Demonstrate ethical behavior, maintain confidentiality, and follow employer policies and procedures
- Pursue professional advancement by applying knowledge of career pathways and job search
External accreditation is not applicable to this program.